In case you missed the latest ACE-WIL Virtual Town Hall, “Let’s Connect” (Sept 29), here’s a quick recap… The session was hosted by Helena Prins, Advisor, BCcampus and was facilitated by Jennie Nilsson, ACE-WIL BC/Yukon President. Noteworthy updates and highlights included:
- ACE-WIL/BC Chamber partnership project- snapshot data from a recent survey to BC Chamber members shared. The complete report will be available soon to members.
- A call for volunteers for the new Resource Hub work team. If interested, contact Jennie.
- Overview of ACE-WIL Strategic Planning Priorities
- Covid19 tool kit for workplaces which include 6 tip sheets (2 for students and 4 for employers) available on the ACE-WIL website (https://acewilbc.ca/employers/resources-for-employers/ )
- Upcoming Professional Development series- “Unconscious Bias Training” with Alden E. Habacon (Nov 12, 19, 26th). Space is limited. Register early.
- Check out the BC Campus calendar for more great PD opportunities
- Upcoming employer-events: https://acewilbc.ca/employer-events/
This town hall also featured two breakout sessions around the following themes:
Breakout room 1: What are the emerging challenges as the fall semester begins?
Breakout room 2: What awesome tools, resources or learnings have you discovered?