Thinking you might like to be more involved in ACE-WIL, or looking for opportunities to collaborate with colleagues from across the province while developing your leadership skills? We have 3 new executive positions to fill this year, as well as 3 Director-At-Large positions. If you’d like to learn more, please reach out to any of our board members. Nominations must be received by April 15, 2021, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your ACE-WIL Board is made up of a group of volunteers that represent a wide range of institutions and work on initiatives that forward the goals of WIL at our member institutions, including collaborating with each other and our external stakeholders, offering professional development and mentorship, formalizing partnerships that are mutually beneficial, hosting conferences, and a wide range of other activities that help to promote WIL. The typical workload for a board member is not overly strenuous and should not impede you from carrying out your work in your Co-op/WIL departments. *Currently, the board meets online via zoom once per month. Pre-pandemic, the board met in person in Vancouver 4 times a year. We will likely be looking at some sort of hybrid option once PHO restrictions lift.
This year, we will need to elect a President and a President Elect. The president will assume the presidential duties directly after the AGM in May, while the President-Elect will work with the president and Past-President for 2 years before assuming the role of president.
- Acts as the Chair of the Board and the Chief Executive Officer with overarching responsibility for all of ACE-WIL activities
- Works with President-Elect and Past-President to determine strategic priorities and activities for the association
- Acts as the Associations point of contact for Government and industry
- Holds position for two years and the position is filled by the individual who was formerly President-Elect (which is also a two-year term)
- Should there be no President-Elect to take on the role of president, a President may be elected directly for a two-year term. **When the President is elected directly, they should have previous experience serving on the board at some point in some capacity.
- Works with President and Past-President to determine strategic priorities and activities for the association
- Carries out the President’s duties during the President’s absence
- Assumes the role of President after their two-year term as President-Elect is complete
- Keeps detailed minutes and records actions of all Board of Directors meetings
- Is a voting member of the Board and holds the same rights and responsibilities as other elected members of the Board
- Elected to a two-year term with an option to continue for an additional two years
Directors at Large and Regional Directors (3):
- Each year Directors are expected to take on various responsibilities related to ACE-WIL initiatives and priorities.
- Are voting members of the Board and hold the same rights and responsibilities as other elected members of the Board
- Elected to a two-year term with an option to continue for an additional two years.
Submit completed nomination forms to email@example.com by April 15, 2021.